Registration for the 2015-2016 school year will resume at Wellington on Tuesday, August 4, 2015. Attendance Clerk, Shelley Concienne will be available to register new students from 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:30pm-2:30pm. Please be sure to complete the online registration prior or coming to the school. Required documents at the time of registration are Student's original birth certificate and social security card, parent ID, proof of residency (gas, water or electric bill ONLY) and current immunization records. Registration cannot be completed without all documents.
Friday, June 26, beginning at 5:30 p.m., Lewisville ISD (LISD) will be switching its Internet provider. This switchover is expected to last through Saturday, June 27 at 5:30 p.m.
The deadline for ordering wrap-packs is coming!! Friday, June 12, 2015 is the last day to order pre-packaged wrap packs for the 2015-2016 school year.
1. Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
2. Enter the school ID, WEL031
3. Follow the directions to complete your order.
4. Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
Because credit card sales are being processed by EPI, our
supplier, all online orders will be subject to sales tax
For questions, please contact Cassandra Ragsdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
1:X iPad Information
Taking Care of Your Device
‣ Cars get very hot in the summer. Be sure to bring the iPad inside with you.
‣ It is important to use the district provided case on the iPad and away from water.
‣ It is expected that users keep the LISD profiles on the iPad.
‣ Keep the iPad battery charged.
‣ If the iPad will be in storage for the summer, follow these tips from Apple:
‣ Keep the iPad in a cool, moisture free room that is less than 90˚ F. (72˚ F is optimum)
‣ Charge the battery to 50% but do not charge it up fully.
‣ Power down the iPad to avoid additional battery use.
Preparing for Next School Year
‣ Complete the 1:X Agreement form in the SkyWard Family Access web site. This is required each year.
‣ Decide which payment option fits your needs:
‣ the annual LISD Replacement Benefit Program fee to cover damage
‣ OR the one-time security deposit that does not cover damage.
(On-line payments in SkyWard Family Access will be available in mid to late July.)
Detailed information on these steps is available in the Parents section on the http://1tox.lisd.net website.
‣ If you know you are moving over the summer, return an issued iPad with case, cord and power brick to your campus before June 5th.
‣ If you move during the summer and have not turned in the iPad, bring it to the
Bolin Administrative Building at the address in the Summer Repair section
‣ iPads not returned to LISD will be reported to authorities as stolen.
Summer iPad Repairs
‣ iPads needing repair between June 8th and August 14th should be brought to:
*Picture ID will be required to pick-up a repaired iPad.
LISD Bolin Administrative
1565 West Main Street
Lewisville, TX 75067
Monday - Thursday
8:15 am to 4:30 pm
Wellington students take you on a virtual tour of the campus.
Lewisville ISD (LISD) will discontinue the iMessage app from all LISD student devices by June 1, 2015.
Camps to be held at Career Center East (2553 F.M. 544, Lewisville)
As part of our commitment to keep parents informed of 1:X notifications, LISD would like to make parents aware that YouTube’s app rating has recently changed from a 4+ to 17+ (an age-appropriate level rating system). Moving from a 4+ to a 17+ rating indicates that inappropriate content may be accessed on the YouTube app. Due to this change, LISD encourage parents to delete this app from their child’s district-issued iPad.
Elementary and middle school students in the Flower Mound High School feeder pattern are invited to participate in the annual Jag Mile Saturday, May 23.
Parents Invited to Participate in District “Parent University” Sessions
5th graders were excited by a presentation by Mr. Allan Baker of Lockheed Martin Engineering who shot off rockets! See attached videos!
During a called Special Board Meeting on April 27, the Lewisville ISD (LISD) Board of Trustees unanimously approved naming LISD current Interim Superintendent and Chief Operations Officer Dr. Kevin Rogers as the lone finalist for LISD’s Superintendent to serve the district’s nearly 53,000 students and more than 6,500 staff members.
Parents are invited to join in with fellow Lewisville ISD elementary parents for an evening of information about raising resilient children.